WAITING LISTS CONTINUE TO GROW!
SAVE YOUR CARDIAC DEPARTMENT TIME & MONEY
Reduce SSIs and hospital readmission
GENTA-COLL resorb is a haemostatic collagen sponge containing the aminoglycoside antibiotic – gentamicin
- In 2016/2017 the cost to the NHS of surgical site infection was around £42,390,000.
- According to the ‘Surveillance of surgical site infections in NHS hospitals in England’ by Public Health England, CABG surgery saw SSI risk increase to 3.3% in 2019/20 from 2.3% in 2018/19, which included infections at vein harvesting sites and the sternum.
- With waiting lists at unprecedented levels and looming pressures of rapid patient throughput has there ever been a more prescient signal for preventative measures?
- What is the true cost of a deep sternal infection to your Trust?
Hemostyptic – Resorbable – Malleable – Absorbent – Structurally stable – Carrier material for fibrin sealants
- Recent evidence identified that the use of gentamicin implants before skin closure reduced the incidence of surgical site infections.
- In particular, the evidence suggested that gentamicin-collagen implants reduced the incidence of surgical site infections in people at one month and two months after cardiac surgery.
- The committee agreed that gentamicin-collagen implants should be an option to reduce the risk of infection
Data from Schimmer et al is an RCT that concludes that
“Routine prophylactic retrosternal use of a gentamicin-collagen sponge in patients undergoing cardiac surgery significantly reduces deep sternal wound infections”.
Now available on the NHS Supply Chain Catalogue!
|Product Code||Product description||Size||UoI||Price|
|ELS711||GC1520||GENTA-COLL resorb gentamicin-collagen sponge||5x20cm||1 sponge||£80|